Spicy Tuna Bites
Hi Everyone! This is a super yummy low fat, low carb, gluten free recipe that I found by Home – Food Faith Fitness and wanted to share!! It is easy to prepare and fits into any phase of Dr Brinson’s Weight Loss Program! Enjoy!!
For more information about our Medically Supervised Weight Loss Program go to Weight Loss Orlando | Body Concepts & Wellness (bodyconceptsandwellness.com)
These quick and easy spicy tuna bites are a healthier spin on the classic spicy tuna roll that has all the taste without the fat or carbs. Perfect for a light lunch!
- Course Appetizer or Light Lunch
- Cuisine Asian
- Prep Time 10 minutes Total Time 10 minutes
- Servings 12 bites or 2 servings (6 bites each)
- 1 Small cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 lb Raw, sushi-grade Ahi Tuna
- 1 Tbsp Green onion, diced
- 1/4 Cup Plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsps Sriracha sauce, to taste.
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Sliced nori sheet for garnish, (seaweed)
- Slice the cucumber into 1/4 inch thick circles and lay out onto a plate.
- Dice the tuna and green onions and place them into a medium mixing bowl.
- Into the bowl, add the Greek yogurt, sriracha, garlic powder and salt. Make sure to taste and adjust the salt to your preference.
- Scoop about 1 Tbsp of tuna onto each cucumber and garnish with additional sriracha and sliced nori (if desired.) Alternatively, if you want it to taste even more like sushi, mix some extra minced nori into the tuna mixture.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.2g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 1.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 61.3mg | Sodium: 74.3mg | Potassium: 220.7mg | Fiber: 2.2g | Sugar: 4.3g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 11.8mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 1.3mg